New Key Account Manager at procurement “buy” progros: Michael Frey
Michael Frey will be starting as a Key Account Manager with progros with effect from 1 June, where he will complete the Key Account Management team led by Director Claudius Möller. Michael's responsibilities include:
- Acquisition of new hotels and hotel chains for progros procurement solutions
- Support and advice around 150 progros hotels and hotel chains
- Provision of information and training for existing progros hotels to enable them to make optimum use of all progros products and services
- Preparation of and on-site support for progros events
- Regular market monitoring including competitor analysis
- Participation in supplier product training events
- Independent preparation of client presentations
Following vocational training as a hotel specialist at Berghotel Jägerhof in Isny / Allgäu, Michael was able to gain practical experience in hotel management and sales. He was a commis de rang on the MS Europa I, worked as procurement and catering assistant at Steigenberger Hotel Der Sonnenhof in Bad Wörishofen and played a role in the Purchasing & Cost Controlling department for the opening of the Residence Inn and Courtyard by Marriott, Munich East. In mid-2013 he switched to a field sales role for Lyreco Germany, after which he worked as Sales Manager for preserve maker Alfred Faller, where he was responsible for sales in Bavaria.
In his last position as Sales Manager with the Kull & Weinzierl Group in Munich, he was responsible for sales for LOUIS Hotels and CORTIINA Hotels in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Welcome on board, Michael.